Freeze Dried Food
Are You Prepared?
It’s going to happen; there will be another disaster. The questions is are you prepared?
It’s a fact that there will be more natural disasters: Earthquakes, floods, fires all take place.
Tips to Prepare for a disaster
- Stay calm! It is important not to panic. Remember that you have been preparing for this and take a deep breath. Assess the situation around you to determine what to do next, whether to stay in place or evacuate.
- Tune into a radio news source to listen for details on the situation.
- Fully cooperate with the public safety officials.
- Only use your cell phone in life or death situations. You don’t know if you will be able to charge it again, so you’ll want to save the battery for a more dire time. If your battery is going dead, consider changing your voicemail message so that friends and family trying to reach you will know your location.
- Inspect your home for leaks, exposed wiring, or damage to structural components to determine whether staying in place is a viable option.
- Access your survival kits immediately so they are available if you determine you need to evacuate in a hurry.
- Call 911 to request help, if needed. Remember that they will probably be inundated with calls so be prepared to wait and stay calm when speaking to the operator.